Agriculture is New Zealand's biggest export earner and arguably our most important industry. This is an excellent opportunity to work across agribusinesses of varying scale and complexity from sheep, beef, dairy through to viticulture, horticulture and hops.
Findex is the largest provider of practical accounting and business advice to NZ Agribusiness with over 4000 clients across 23 offices around the country. We have a dedicated agribusiness team committed to delivering excellent service and considered advice to clients.
What will your typical week look like?
- Assist in preparing business advice and/or producing special purpose reports and tax returns
- Work on business advisory projects such as: budgets and cash-flows, KPI dashboards and management reporting
- Complete and supervise an engagement involving multiple entities and various structures from beginning to end
- Assist with the management of a portfolio of clients ensuring jobs are completed effectively by meeting technical standards and deadlines, within budget
- Assist with general bookkeeping duties and liaise with the IRD
- Help training and mentoring new graduates
More about the perks
- A clear career development pathway and ongoing training support
- Close-knit supportive team in both Richmond, Nelson and the wider team
- Health insurance and lifestyle benefits
- Study support including study leave and fee reimbursement for CA or CPA subscriptions.
Let's talk about you!
- Familiar with livestock farming accounts
- Qualified or part qualified CA or CPA
- Proven accounting experience and a relevant accounting degree would be advantageous
- Strong Excel skills and practical experience with cloud accounting would be a bonus
- Genuine desire to be an enthusiastic and active contributor to our growing team
- Ability to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders and clients
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload
If you have any experience with Figured, Farm Focus, budgeting or forecasting, this would be an added bonus but is not essential
Why Findex? #writeyournextchapter
With a focus on empowering our people to work in a way that best meets their needs and those of their team and clients, the career growth of Findex employees isn't limited by their location. We attract, retain, and promote people who share a sense of purpose and belonging. And we have a passion for creating opportunities for growth and sustainability that ripple throughout metropolitan and regional communities.
Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you! Please note, you will be directed to our careers page to apply
Only candidates with valid work rights within Australia/New Zealand in which this position is based will be considered.
This role is being managed by Findex Talent Acquisition and we will not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.