The purpose of this role is to assist in delivering financial reporting, control and analysis collaboratively at a global DAN level in line with Group policy and IFRS, and assist in delivering insightful, high quality financial reporting to key stakeholders. The individual in this role will be following a development path to gain specific expertise in relation to certain key areas, potentially including consolidation accounting; IFRS technical expertise; report preparation / drafting; KPI, trend and variance analysis
Management Accountant (Intermediate)
dentsu Aotearoa | Auckland | Permanent full time
- Be the best you. dentsu offer 3 days in office and 2 days work from home
- Receive bonus wellness days each year and additional annual leave days after 2 years of service
- Unlimited learning opportunities with our global online learning platform, dentsu University
- Join a collaborative and innovative close-knit team in a dog friendly office
When you join dentsu Aotearoa, Asia Pacific's largest and most awarded Agency Network, you're becoming part of one team. A team with diverse talents in creative, advertising, media, experience design, and technology. And one with a shared ambition: to innovate the way brands are built. We know the work is only as unique and awesome as our people, which is why we're not looking for a 'culture fit'. We want a 'culture add'. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive and respectful workplace so you can show up to work as your full self and reach your full potential.
As a Management Accountant at dentsu Aotearoa, you'll be joining a high performing team and a global dentsu community of over 60,000 in over 145 countries. Our collaborative and agile ways of working mean you'll develop versatile skills and be exposed to new and exciting thinking. Combine that with a pioneering spirit at making a positive impact on brands, society, and each other and you'll soon realise why we're at the forefront of the digital economy.
What your role and typical day might look like
You're a vital member of the finance team, responsible for delivering accurate financial reporting and insightful analysis, month end closing, and financial process efficiencies for one of our core Service Lines. The purpose of this role is to contribute and build trusted relationships across the business in order to get an accurate pulse of the overall financial health, stability, and success of the organisation, ensuring sound financial management, optimizing resource allocation, and facilitating informed decision-making at all levels. You'll also be supporting and leading a team too, bring together a collaborative effort across the finance team to support your Service Line.
Responsibilities could include
- Partner with the business team to ensure the accurate revenue recognition by projects and clients.
- Ensure all month end closing tasks are successfully completed on time and completing month end reporting variance analysis and commentary.
- Review cost and profitability report and balance sheet reconciliations with explanation of outstanding items.
- Complete intercompany reconciliations and arrange intercompany agreement (as required).
- Review monthly group reporting (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Intercompany and Client Reporting) to ensure timely and accurate submission.
- Support commercial finance team with financial performance analysis, financial planning and forecasting.
- Support tax return preparation and submission (as required)
- Ensure all procedures fulfil group compliance requirements and support internal control assessment upon request.
- Assist annual external audit and provide internal and client audits support (as required).
A bit about you
- Newly qualified CA/CPA, or close to qualification.
- Experience taking ownership of month end reporting cycles is essential.
- Experience in complex, fast-paced operating environments, such as advertising, media or consulting industries, and managing competing deadlines for multiple stakeholders.
- Experience using accounting platforms such as Xero or Pegasus, or similar tools would be highly beneficial.
- A natural problem solver - effective at identifying and driving process efficiencies to ensure standard practices are adhered to, and automation opportunities are uncovered where possible.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail - ability to synthesize information using a rational and systematic approach.
- Actively contributes to the support and development of other team members. Leadership experience managing Finance Assistants would be beneficial.
- Open, honest and clear communicator, and a team player.
Become a champion for meaningful progress
At dentsu Aotearoa, our diverse and inclusive culture enables our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be proud of doing so. For us, this is the foundation for great innovation which, in turn, generates better outcomes for our people, partners and communities. This is why we encourage applications from people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
If you want to belong to a one global network where opportunities are limitless - we look forward to you joining the journey.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!