Your new company
You will be working for a boutique professional engineering firm. They are currently working with c.£4bn of blue chip brands and some of the largest international funds. They have a forward fee income pipeline into 2025, with strong growth opportunities. The company has no debt or overdraft facilities and holds good cash balances and has a strong balance sheet, with strong liquidity ratios.
Your new role
Our client is looking for a management accountant to work out of their Leeds office.
You will be based in the Leeds office. However, this is a hybrid role with three days in the office and two at home. There will be some travel to the other offices as and when required. (Harrogate and Belfast).
Job spec includes:
- Prepare monthly management information/packs for monthly reporting/meetings.
- Prepare budget P&L's for two business units/consolidated.
- Prepare monthly P&L's.
- Prepare monthly operating cashflow statements for each business unit/consolidated.
- Prepare monthly fee invoicing.
- Creditor ledger control, encl. Purchase order management and preparing payment runs.
- Debtor ledger control.
- Collect monthly job costing data and update WIP schedule.
- Payroll management – actual payroll is outsourced.
- VAT returns.
- Insurance policy renewals (PI).
- Property lease renewals (two offices).
- Support IT.
- Support HR.
- Accounts to TB for external accountant to prepare statutory accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a self-starter and capable of working on your own/initiative. This role reports directly to the business owners.
The role is flexible and will involve working from their Leeds office (base), sometimes in Belfast / Harrogate offices and sometimes working from home.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in accounting and have a professional registration and currently operating in a similar role. In addition, the candidate should have excellent communication skills, have extended Excel skills and be conversant in Xero and Sage accounting packages. In return
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary & excellent benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.