Listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange since 1983, Aitken Spence PLC is a diversified conglomerate with over 16 segments spanning operations in South Asia, the Middle East and Africa. The Corporate Finance division comprises four robust units: Treasury, Tax, Finance & Corporate Planning, and MIS & Project Evaluation. In addition to routine finance functions, this division is responsible for the overall financial governance of the Group, from evaluating the feasibility of key Group investments, to advising all 80+ subsidiaries in every aspect of financial management, providing tax services for subsidiaries in Sri Lanka, Maldives, India and Oman, and publishing
A dynamic and self-motivated individual with an aptitude for analysis and in-depth study of financial data is sought for the Executive position of Financial Analyst. The ideal candidate should be a member/passed finalist of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or possess an equivalent professional qualification. A Degree in Business Administration/ Finance would be an added advantage. A high degree of work ethic is essential along with at least 1-2 years' experience working in a Finance related function with exposure to ORACLE or an equivalent ERP system. A thorough knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint is a prerequisite.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing, reporting and analyzing all Group Management Information
- Assisting in maintaining and developing the Group Chart of Accounts and Consolidated Reports in the ERP system
- Assisting in financial analysis and modelling for project evaluation
- Ensuring the maintenance of Group compliance ratios
- Assisting in the adoption of updated Accounting standards