The purpose of the Assistant Accountant is to implement and monitor financial control procedures and ensure preparation of accounts in accordance with accepted accounting practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate information and compile lead schedules (Income statement & Balance Sheet) for AFC upload and HFM group reporting pack purposes for actual, forecast and budget submissions.
- Assist Financial Reporting Accountant in resolving validation issues on the AFC upload.
- Coordinate information and upload data in Anaplan (and related tax reporting systems) for actual, forecast and budget submissions.
- Carries out delegated duties at year-end and performs ad hoc financial projects.
- Compile schedules supporting calculations for statutory submissions when requested.
- Review support for statutory submissions received from other sites/departments.
- Ensures that Group treasury requirements are adhered to.
- Prepare the DBCM 6 week rolling forecast by co-ordinating inputs received from FSS and other departments and recommend financing requirements to the Financial Reporting Accountant.
- Providing accurate Financial Accounting Information and compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- BCom Accounting degree or equivalent.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Working knowledge of Financial and Cost management.
- Advanced Financial Reporting knowledge.
- Knowledge and application of IFRS.
- Advanced accounting package/software and systems knowledge and skills - SAP and SAP.
- Sound analytical skills to quickly discern trends and take remedial action and/or develop process and system improvements.